Shobhit is widely known as a premier institute for its individual student centric teaching learning processes. We are committed to the pursuit of excellence and take great pride in the accomplishments of our graduates and the quality of our students. Our pride is not just a saying; it is an approach to learning and growth that will last a lifetime.
We look to the future and believe in innovation. Across all our Schools, we have a reputation for being pragmatic by equipping and orienting you with the practical approach to face the emerging challenges.The university practices a variety of teaching modules such as lectures, tutorials, assignments, practical classes, presentations, seminars and discussions.
Innovations in Teaching
To address both academic and non-academic issues, such as academic success,social integration, academic confidence, student involvement, and motivation, the university has adopted a five point innovative teaching-learning approach recently: Expectation, Advice, Support, Involvement, and Learning.
- Expect students to succeed
- Provide students with clear and consistent information about institutional requirements and give students effective advising about programs of study and career goals
- Provide academic, social, and personal support
- involve students as valued members of the university
- Foster learning
To ensure active involvement of students in academic and research activities,the following practices have also been adopted.
- Level of academic challenge quantity of assigned readings and papers are included in the curriculum, significant hours required to complete coursework
- Active and collaborative learning making presentations, participating in discussions in and out of class, team projects in and out of class, tutoring other students, participating in community-based projects
- Student faculty interaction discussing grades, discussing ideas from class in and out of class, talking about career plans, receiving prompt feedback on performance, working with faculty on activities other than coursework, i.e. committees, orientation, etc., working on research projects outside of course requirements
- Enriching educational experiences students have the opportunity to have serious conversations with students of different social status or ideology, spending time in co-curricular activities, using electronic media to complete an assignments, workshop, internship, community service, foreign language or study abroad, independent study, participation in a learning community
- Supportive campus environment providing support for academic, social (building positive relationships), and non-academic (work, family) needs, quality relationships with students, faculty, administrative, and support personnel.
Teaching Quality Monitoring System
- Internal Monitoring Continuous internal monitoring of the working of the university is very essential. This is for making course-correction, if needed and for effective realization of the goal of mainstreaming of disadvantaged students. Internal Quality Assessment Cell (IQAC) as per standard guidelines specified by NAAC has been established in the University
- Tutor-Mentor System Tutor- Mentor system has been made operational at the University from the beginning. In the system 20-25 students are under direct supervision of a faculty nominated as mentor for the group.
- Feedback systems The University obtains regular feedback from all the stake holders, such as, students, alumni, employer, community, academic peers, industry and parents, etc. through well-defined feedback mechanisms.