LL.M. (1 Year)
CENTRE OF POST-GRADUATE LEGAL STUDIES (CPGLS)
The Centre of Post Graduate Legal Studies set up under the Chairmanship of the Dean of the School along with the Senior Professors as per UGC Guidelines caters the need of the Post Graduate students and fosters academic excellence and professional competency into the students.
Under the aegis of Centre of Post Graduate Legal Studies, University School of Law and Constitutional Studies has started LL.M. (One Year) program with a vision to provide an academically rich atmosphere to the students so as to enable them to gather deeper insight into specific field of law and to prepare the students for academic and research field as well as to foster the professional needs of a law graduate.
Specializations offered in LL.M. (One Year) Program:
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Criminal and Security Law
Eligibility Criteria and Mode of Lecture Delivery
Admission to LL.M. (One Year) Program is open to a candidate who holds a Law degree of 3/5 years duration with minimum 50% marks from an UGC recognized university. He/She shall have a relevant experience of minimum 3 years after a Law Degree. Mode of Lecture Delivery: Due to the COVID -19 Pandemic, the School opted for blended learning and the lectures will be delivered online /in-person on Saturday and Sundays.
We're the first to admit it: Learning the law is not easy. We have to sharpen a range of skills, including analysis, writing, and persuasion. We also have to learn a canon of precedents, concepts, theories, and procedures. As a strong academic community, committed to our students, we have designed curricula that produce broadly educated lawyers. We have developed an approach to teaching the law that is both challenging and supportive in compliance with the recommendations and guidelines of the apex bodies.
- Provide an academically rich atmosphere to the students so as to enable them to gather deeper insight into specific field of law.
- Prepare the students for academic and research field as well as to foster the professional needs of a law graduate.
LL.M. Course Beneficial?
- Master of Law enables a candidate to gain specialized knowledge through research in an area of Law.
- An LL.M. degree enhances one's repute as LL.M. degree signifies advanced, specialized legal training and it also signifies that a person is qualified to work in a multinational legal environment.
- Lawyers can find employment opportunities in both public and private sector organizations. Most Lawyers prefer to become an advocate and practice law as a profession.
Career Opportunitie you can choose after the course
This course opens the door to many possible careers.
- Legal Advisor
- Oath Commissioner
- Company Secretary