MA Education (2 Years)
Teachers play a very important role in a student's life. It is the teachers, to a great extent who decide the shape a student's life will take. It is necessary to be adequately equipped with resources that will make the teacher a perfect role model to the students. To achieve this, Bachelor of Education or MA Education was introduced, which will teach a person about teaching and the various aspects associated with teaching.
If you have the passion for teaching and want to take teaching as your profession, this B.Ed degree is considered compulsory. Whether you are an arts or a science graduate, you need to have the Bachelor's degree.
M.A. Education Course Beneficial?
- It offers a wider and more comprehensive understanding of education as a field of knowledge and serves the varied needs of a learner.
- It offers a higher level of specialization in specific aspects of education.
- It develops professionals for effective participation in different dimensions of education.
- One can pursue further higher studies like M.Phil. and Ph.D. degree programs.
- The Course meets the growing demand of experts in the fields of educational planning, teaching, and training at primary, secondary and tertiary education levels. New and emerging fields of educational management and administration also require the services of M.A. (education) graduates.
- Admission to MA Education program is open to a student who passed Bachelors/ Masters degree with minimum 45% marks (or equivalent grade) in any discipline and with minimum one year’s work experience in the field of education or a diploma in education.
- Admission in the MA Education program shall be based on Academic Merit.
Career Opportunitie you can choose after the course
Shortage of 1.2 million teachers: There is a shortage of about 1.2 million teachers at the primary and middle levels and about two lakh at secondary level (i.e. classes 9th and 10th ), according to official data, suggesting the huge demand for B.Ed. and other teacher training courses. These shortages should be seen in the context of the Right to Education Act which lays down the teacher-pupil ratio of 1:30 and prescribes strict standards of recruitment of teachers.
Educational administration & Consulting: Today, a B.Ed. degree can be matched to a variety of career options other than just school teaching, thanks to the fast changing economy. If you try, you may land a job at organizations that are engaged in educational administration, promotion, research, regulatory and consulting work, such as National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs), National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), Educational Consultants India (EdCIL), and UNICEF.