POLICY ON GRANT OF UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP TO STUDENTS
Shobhit Institute of Engineering & Technology (Deemed to-be University), Meerut aims to create a conducive, enabling academic climate to facilitate integration of the younger generation into the logic of the present system and to develop educational means by which men and women deal critically and creatively with reality and discover how to participate in the transformation of their world.
As an initiative to acknowledge the efforts, hard work and achievement of young students, the University is proud to announce a number of scholarship schemes.
Academic Merit Based Scholarship
- 75 - 80% marks in qualifying exam: Equal to 20% of Tuition Fee
- 81 - 85% marks in qualifying exam: Equal to 30% of Tuition Fee
- 86 - 90% marks in qualifying exam: Equal to 40% of Tuition Fee
- > 90% marks in qualifying exam: Equal to 100% of Tuition Fee
Adarsh Vidyadhan Scholarships
A special scholarship (up to 20% Tuition Fee) has been approved by University for Girl Candidates, and Candidates from the North Eastern states.
Babu Vijendra Shourya Samman Scholarships
A Gratitude Scholarship (up to 50% Tuition Fee) has been approved by University for the wards of great Martyrs.
The wards of Defense Personnel shall be provided a special scholarship (up to 20% Tuition Fee).
A special scholarship (up to 20% Tuition Fee) has been approved by University for Alumni applying for admission in the University programs.
- We strongly encourage prospective students, for whom scholarships are a major decision factor, to apply for admission sooner rather than later. Funding for some scholarships is limited and will be fully awarded early in the financial aid cycle.
- Scholarships are initially applicable for the First Year of the program only. Continuation of the Scholarship in the Second, Third and Fourth year of the program is subject to obtaining a minimum of 75% marks in the previous year examinations without any ‘back paper.
- The scholarship recipients are required to maintain a minimum of 75% attendance in each course, failing which, Scholarship award shall be withdrawn.
- Once the Scholarship award gets discontinued/withdrawn, the student cannot claim continuation of the scholarship award in future.
- As many other Scholarships are also available in the university, a student in case of being eligible for more than one category, can opt only for one Scholarship.
- Since, the University is located in rural area and majority of the students belong to farming class, hence, the amount of scholarship may be deducted from the annual fee in deserving cases with the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
- The Vice Chancellor may be further authorized to make any changes in policy of the Scholarship or may institute any new scheme of Scholarship subject to the approval of competent statutory body.
The above mentioned policy will take effect from the Academic Session 2019-20 onwards.
In case of any doubt about your eligibility for Academic Merit Based Scholarship, please contact on email@example.com