Law & Constitutional Studies
School of Law and Constitutional Studies (SLCS) is a constituent department of Shobhit University and is approved by Bar Council of India. SLCS intends to introduce students to the study of law with an emphasis on the Indian Constitution. The school focuses on legal studies with an understanding on how constitutional rules affect political and economic processes. Students also study the theory, history, economics, and development of constitutional thought. They also learn about natural and civil rights, a market economy, a self-governing citizenry, voluntary associations, and the rule of law.
The School was formally inaugurated by Shri Keshri Nath Tripathi Ji, H.E. the Governor of West Bengal, and an emenient Advocate.
School of Law and Constitutional Studies seeks to prepare students for the practice of law in India. We must attempt to instill in every student a respect for the rule of law, a devotion to the ideal of public service, and a commitment to basic professional values: honesty, diligence, competence, intelligence, and civility.
To achieve this the school seeks to promote multi-disciplinary analysis of the socio-legal problems by designing its course-structure and teaching methods to realize these objectives.
After completing this programme, graduates of the program are able to
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the Indian legal system.
- Exhibit proficiency in legal analysis, legal reasoning, and legal practice skills.
- Demonstrate acquaintance and knowledge of the substantive and procedural law.
- Have ability to draft common legal documents and organise legal analysis and argument.
We're the first to admit it: Learning the law is not easy. You have to sharpen a range of skills, including analysis, writing, and persuasion. You also have to learn a canon of precepts, theories, and procedures. As a strong academic community, committed to our students, we have designed curricula that produce broadly educated lawyer with strong Constitutional background and we have developed an approach to teaching the law that is both challenging and supportive in compliance with the recommendations and guidelines of Bar Council of India.
For the current academic year, we are offering the following programs:
Eligibility Criteria : Admission to LL.B. Program is open to a student who holds a Bachelor's degree of minimum 3 years duration with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University. Candidates having valid Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) / SULAT score may also apply directly for admission.
Eligibility Criteria : Admission to LL.M. Program is open to a student who holds a LL.B. degree of 3/5 years duration with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University. Admission in LL.M. 2 Year program is based on valid CLAT / LSAT-2022 score or Shobhit University National Entrance Test (SULAT)-2022.
Admission Procedure : The admission shall be granted on the basis of valid score on CLAT/LSAT-2022 or Shobhit University National Entrance Test (SULAT)-2022.
- The admission shall be granted on the basis of valid score on CUET (UG)2022 / CLAT/LSAT-2022 or Shobhit University National Entrance Test (SULAT)-2022.
1. School of Law and Constitutional Studies prefers LSAT—India™ scores as part of the selection process for admission to the [BA. LL.B/BBA LL.B (H)/ B.Com. LL.B. (H) and LL.M Programs
2. All other students have to undertake the Shobhit University Lawl Entrance Test (SULAT). This is an objective type online computer based test. A candidate can appear in (SULAT). from any location of his/her choice.