Biological Engineering & Sciences
We define biological engineering as an analogous sibling to the main, well-established engineering disciplines in being recognizably focused on creating new technologies for a spectrum of application fields based on an identifiable basic science foundation — all using the two “wings” of engineering:” ‘analysis’ and ‘synthesis.
With a goal of developing effective biology-based technologies for application across a broad spectrum of society’s needs, including prominently, but not exclusively, human and environmental health, Biological Engineering students learn within an exciting landscape of research opportunities.
The programmes under School of Biological Engineering & Sciences are designed to enable students to
- Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the appropriate scientific and mathematical fundamentals necessary to develop their professional skills.
- Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions.
- Have awareness and understanding of different cultures and social conditions.
- Have awareness and understanding of different cultures and social conditions
- Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry.
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
For the current academic year, we are offering the following programs: