Basic & Applied Sciences
The course contents broadly cover fields: Physiological signal processing, medical imcbeng, medical image processing, biomaterials, biomechanics and bioengineering, system analysis, bio-compatible medical devices and diagnostic devices. The program imparts training to students to assimilate knowledge of engineering design and development of medical instruments in medical sciences and hospitals. The course strengthens the manpower in area of biomedical engineering, thus forming a essential knowledge base between engineering principle, techniques and medical sciences for research and development in the service of society and mankind.
The programmes under School of Basic & Applied Sciences are designed to enable students to
- Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the appropriate scientific and mathematical fundamentals necessary to develop their professional skills.
- Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions.
- Have awareness and understanding of different cultures and social conditions.
- Have awareness and understanding of different cultures and social conditions
- Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry.
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences