D.El.Ed. (2 Years)
Teachers play a very important role in a student's life. It is the teachers, to a great extent who decide the shape a student's life will take. It is necessary to be adequately equipped with resources that will make the teacher a perfect role model to the students. To achieve this, Bachelor of Education or D.El.Ed. was introduced, which will teach a person about teaching and the various aspects associated with teaching.
If you have the passion for teaching and want to take teaching as your profession, this D.El.Ed. degree is considered compulsory. Whether you are an arts or a science graduate, you need to have the Bachelor's degree.
D.El.Ed. Education Course Beneficial?
- The course makes one an expert in Elementary Education which is a specialization in itself and one can expand his/her horizon based on one’s interest.
- One can acquire leading positions of importance in the elementary school systems under various capacities.
- A candidate can pursue Post-graduate and research studies in education and related disciplines like education, linguistics, psychology, languages, history, social work, sociology, mathematics and political science.
- B.El.Ed. course enables graduates to be eligible for appointment in MCD/NDMC/Sarvodaya Vidyalayas in Delhi, Kendriya Vidyalayas and Navodaya Vidyalayas across India and Private Schools.
- The course provides the ability to teach and research in elementary education in the government and non-government sector, example Central Universities.
- Graduates can work as Teacher Educators in various State Institutes and University Departments/Colleges offering training in elementary/secondary education.
- One can get placement in government and private schools as resourcefully qualified elementary school teachers.
- Others can work in other related fields like linguistics, psychology, languages, history, social work, sociology, mathematics and political science.
- Admission to D.El.Ed. program is open to a student who passed a Graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Admission in the D.El.Ed. program shall be based on Academic Merit.
Career Opportunitie you can choose after the course
Shortage of 1.2 million teachers: There is a shortage of about 1.2 million teachers at the primary and middle levels and about two lakh at secondary level (i.e. classes 9th and 10th ), according to official data, suggesting the huge demand for B.Ed. and other teacher training courses. These shortages should be seen in the context of the Right to Education Act which lays down the teacher-pupil ratio of 1:30 and prescribes strict standards of recruitment of teachers.
Educational administration & Consulting: Today, a B.Ed. degree can be matched to a variety of career options other than just school teaching, thanks to the fast changing economy. If you try, you may land a job at organizations that are engaged in educational administration, promotion, research, regulatory and consulting work, such as National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), State Councils of Educational Research and Training (SCERTs), National University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), Educational Consultants India (EdCIL), and UNICEF.