The Master of Philosophy in Management is a one year programme designed and well-founded for smooth transition into advanced research including doctoral level (Ph.D) and suitable for academicians, researchers, corporate and others. The program is a one year, two semesters, and based on a credit system. The submission of a dissertation at the end of the second semester is compulsory to complete the programme. The programme equips the researcher to aspire for higher disciplinary and methodological competences in research. The program is rigorous and includes theory papers and a dissertation.
The pedagogy includes paper presentations, research colloquia, SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Science) and other tools training end term exam, case study, article critique and other media. The program provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for planning, designing, engaging and interpreting research data for problem solving and consultancy for researchers, academicians, practitioners, and corporate. The course also enhances the ability to think systematically, and apply quantitative methods and provide the scholars the knowledge, skills and insights in identifying and solving problems in the management area independently. The programme also focuses on creating a pool of manpower with the requisite competencies to contribute to the educational & higher learning institutes, research institutes and organizations, Government and nongovernmental organizations, Training and consultancy organizations.
A candidate seeking admission for the M.Phil. program shall possess, normally, the following qualifications:
- Any candidate who has passed the Master’s examination in the concerned subject with a score of not less than 55% marks in aggregate, or have appeared in the final year examination of Master’s degree in the subject concerned, shall also be eligible to appear for the M.Phil. admission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate in relevant field of Engineering / Technology of a University or its equivalent, with at least five years of experience in Public Sector Undertaking / Research and Development Organizations / Private Industries / Service Sectors / Educational Institutions / any other State and Central Government Organizations.
To apply for the M.Phil. programme the University, eligible candidates may apply online using credit/debit card for payment or download and print the application form available on our website, and send the completed form along with Crossed Demand Draft for Rs.2,100/- non-refundable in favor of “Shobhit University” payable at Meerut / “Shobhit University” payable at Gangoh, one recent colour photograph and photocopies of all marksheets and certificates (see List of enclosures as per clause ‘L’)
Send in a A4 size envelope by Speed post / reliable courier (means by which sender may track its movement on internet) to the Central Coordinator, M.Phil. Admissions, at Shobhit University, NH-58, Modipuram, Meerut -250110, India. Write “Application for M.Phil. July 2018” on the envelope. Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Incomplete applications or applications received without all required enclosures are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- Shobhit University, Meerut: Rs. 70,000/- Per Annum
- Shobhit University, Gangoh: Rs. 50,000/- Per Annum
- Admission Processing Charges: Rs.2100/-
For any queries, candidates may see M.Phil Regulations available on the University website (downloadable as pdf document) or contact Central Coordinator (M.Phil Admissions) by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates must visit our website Shobhit University periodically for updates / any other matters related to the admission procedures.