Gone are the days when people used to enroll for conventional undergraduate programs such as BA, B.Com and B.Sc. These days’ youngsters have moved towards professional and vocational courses which gives them an extra edge over other graduates. BBA is one of such program, which has now become quite popular with the students.
After completing class XII board exam, students can apply to various private and government colleges offering BBA programs. BBA course aims at exploring management skills in the students. The course curriculum is designed in such a way so as to develop basic business and management skills in the students.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of fundamental business content.
- Students will communicate effectively in writing.
- Students will produce professional quality oral presentations.
- Students will collaborate effectively in teams.
- Students will apply technological tools to business situations.
- Students will explain different business opportunities and challenges in a global environment.
- Students will explain approaches to working with or managing persons different from them
- Students will demonstrate academic integrity in their coursework.
- Students will identify an ethical dilemma and apply an ethics model or framework to propose and defend a resolution.
- Students will analyze business situations and recommend managerial responses.
The program helps students to understand different business environments in which various organizations operate. The case studies discussed in classes exposes students to real time business situations and challenges faced by the business leaders.
Scope of Employment
- A BBA gets you entry-level positions in many corporations and factories.
- BBA graduates can look for jobs in sales and marketing department of companies as members of sales teams or as management trainees in any of the following sectors: Banking, Consultancy, Finance, corporates, marketing, creative, & IT companies.
- After completing a BBA, students should consider broadening their horizon in order to qualify for top executive positions and promotions.
- A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate-level degree that is often desired by employers for positions such as CEO or COO.
- Doctoral programs are also available in business administration, which can prepare business professionals for work as consultants, executives or university professors.
Jobs in Government Sector after BBA
Some of the jobs preferred include the banking jobs. The nationalized banks are in need to candidates of this profile as they can use them for multitasking. Also another option available is that Civil Service stream. Also they have the option to appear for state level exams like PSC or the railways test etc.
We expect our graduates to display the following:
- Business Knowledge: Students can demonstrate technical competence in domestic and global business through the study of major disciplines within the fields of business.
- Critical Thinking Skills: Students are able to define, analyze, and devise solutions for structured and unstructured business problems and issues using cohesive and logical reasoning patterns for evaluating information, materials, and data.
- Communication Skills: Students are able to conceptualize a complex issue into a coherent written statement and oral presentation.
- Technology Skills: Students are competent in the uses of technology in modern organizational operations.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Students can demonstrate the fundamentals of creating and managing innovation, new business development, and high-growth potential entities.
- An ability to apply the knowledge of Finance, HR, Marketing, economics and computing.
- The B Com (Honours) Program is intended to provide advanced knowledge in Commerce specializations as against the functional specializations offered by traditional B Com program.
- Our program aims at to equip students with the knowledge and competence in the field of business and commerce to pursue a professional career in the specified areas of specialization.
- The emphasis of the program is to nurture students as real commerce professionals and impart specialized skill sets in the areas of finance, accounting and taxation.
- To our students, we offer intellectual depth, abundant resources and individual attention.
- The program has been designed in such a way that students are exposed to a wide array of contemporary topics giving equal emphasis on theoretical and applied aspects of the subjects
- B.Com (Honours) is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on systematic study of the concepts of Accountancy, Banking, Costing, Business studies, Managerial Economics, Business Mathematics, Finance, Law, Taxation, and Management Studies etc.
Scope Of Employment
- There is good scope for aspirants who have completed their bachelor’ degree in Commerce, both in terms of higher education as well as for immediate jobs.
- Education in the concerned field is an excellent base for a variety of careers. On successful completion of B Com, aspirants can apply for jobs relating business and finance.
- Professionals can apply for employment in finance sector like banking, company secretary ship, and chartered accountancy, Cost and works accountancy jobs.
- Students can also apply for non-finance sector jobs in mass communication, law, hotel management, civil services, and so on.
Scope for Higher Studies after B.Com. (H)
Economics, Statistics, Law, Arts, Insurance, Education, International Studies
Professional courses after B.Com.(H)
Chartered Account (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Work Accounting(ICWA), Certified Management Accounting (CMA), Certified Financial Analysist (CFA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
IN PUBLIC SECTOR: UPSC, SSC, Railway and defense, Accounts clerks, accounts assistant, tax assistant, Excise officer, assistant collector, district treasury officer, Different banking positions,
Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Economic Services
IN PRIVATE SECTOR: Automobile Industry, Banking & Insurance Industry, BPO Industry,
Consumer Durables Industry, FMCG Industry, Hospitality Industry, Media Industry, Retail Industry,
The B.Com. (H) Pro¬vides a good knowledge base for a range of careers.
- Business and finance such as CA, company secretary ship (CS), cost and works accountants (CWA), banking and so on.
- Others, including finance, law, Mass com¬munication, hotel manage¬ment, civil services and so on.
- The field of commerce has emerged as most attractive field today.
- The emphasis of our program is to prepare the candidates so that they can face the fierce competitions that prevail in the market today.
- The aim of our program is to develop the skills in the students which would prepare them for getting the job and also nourish a sense of entrepreneurship in them.
- The B. Com. (Hons.) course aims at building competence in particular areas of business studies while providing the students with a wide range of managerial skills.
- The program imparts strong subject-matter expertise by focusing on the learning that includes the knowledge of basic theories, principles, methods and procedures of commerce and accounting.
- The curriculum of the B. Com. (Hons.) degree course is rigorous and progressive, and prepares its graduates for careers in commerce and accountancy as well as for other professional roles such as economic, business and security analysts.
BA Honors Public Administration
- Maintaining the personnel and public administration.
- To increase efficiency of the Usage of human, financial and material resources.
- To establish effective public administration through the medium of education.
The Honors Programs in Public Administration (PA) has following main objectives:
- The programme is designed to engender in its students the capacity to think objectively and analytically about the policy process;
- It aims to provide students with a theoretical and empirical understanding of comparative and South African public administration.
- Furthermore, the programme aims to help students become more effective as policy makers, public servants, researchers or policy analysts. We are also interested in developing the next generation of public administration scholars.
- Students studying for Honours and MPhil over two years will explore, inter alia, the academic analysis of public policy, the role and limitations of professional policy analysis, changes in the character of public management and administration, and comparative public administration.
- In addition, students acquire skills in research methods, and develop knowledge of a specific aspect of policy making or public administration
- After completing an Honours project that surveys academic literature and policy experience in an area, students who proceed to Master’s will have the opportunity to work on a minor dissertation in their designated field.
- The programme is also open at Master’s level to students with appropriate academic backgrounds.
- This Program focuses on building leadership capability amongst aspiring candidates. This programme will give students the fundamental skills they need to not only manage a business but know how to successfully navigate the technology they need to do it.
Scope in Public Administration Sector
B.A. (Hons.) (Public Administration) degree holders are eligible for pursuing their Post graduate degrees in the subject of Public Administration and thus become further eligible for civil services at various levels. Public Administration graduates can take up research work in various fields of India.
- M.A. (Public Administration)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- M.Phil. (Public Administration)
- Ph.D. (Public Administration)
Careers in public administration require administrative skills, a solid understanding of accounting and finance, knowledge of government workings and organizational proficiency. There are career opportunities in non-profit agencies and local government bodies, state government, public service organizations such as animal welfare and healthcare agencies and large non-profit organizations at the national level.
The programme prepares you for management positions in both public and private sectors. Graduates find careers in public administration, social services, education or housing. You can also start your career in the political field as a Political Assistant.
A degree in public administration prepares students for leadership positions in fields such as state and local government, health care administration, nonprofit management and human resources management. Find out about the curricula of these programs and learn about career options, job growth and salary info for public administration graduations.
This programme with its options
Personal Grooming- it will prepare the students for their civil services examination. We hope that after undertaking this programme the students will be fully equipped to handle the challenges which the business world will be offering him.
- Various corporate sectors in their marketing and accounts sections
- Finance, Commerce and the Banking Sectors
- Customs Department
- Import / Export Companies
- Civil Services
- Public Administration
- Public services Advance Courses in Public Administration
The B.A. (Hons.) Public Administration programme in Public Administration will provide adequate knowledge in theory and practice relative to effective implementation of various decision making successfully.
- This will prepare students for service and leadership in a diverse community.
- Students can expect to learn Administrative skills into the present day business environment as well, in addition to taking courses on, database management, information security, IT, and even supply chain management.
- The Program would prepare the participants for successful planning and implementation of initiatives and would enable the participants to build collaborative networks with software engineers and IT professionals.
Upon Successful Completion Of The Programme, Students Will Be Able To
- Identify, analyse, formulate, and solve convergent and divergent problems in public and non-governmental spheres through critical thinking.
- Work effectively with others as a leader of a team, group, organization, community, and provide leadership to the group output in public and non-governmental spheres.
- Manage and organize his or hers activities and life responsibly and effectively, including his or hers studies and career.
- Collect, analyse, organize and critically evaluate information.
- Communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation, in sustained discourse.
- Where appropriate, use science and technology effectively and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and health and well-being of others, in community, national and global contexts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the world as a set of related systems by recognizing that problem-solving contexts do not exist in isolation, and by acknowledging their responsibilities to those in the local and broader community.
BA Honors Economics
The undergraduate economics programs at Shobhit University seek to create persons who are eager and prepared to solve problems and make decisions in the private and public sectors. Our curriculum is designed to equip students with the different types of knowledge and skills necessary for them to achieve this goal, including preparation for graduate study in economics and related fields, such as law, business, and public administration.
A graduate of the economics or business economics programs at Shobhit University should be able to:
- Understand, and describe to the lay person, the important aspects of a local, regional, national, and international economy.
- Explain to the non-economist the fundamental economic problem of scarcity (and tradeoffs).
- Explain the determinants of aggregate economic activity, including the basics of fiscal and monetary policy and how each affects the economy.
- Explain to the non-economist the meaning of a market economy and how markets allocate society's scarce resources.
- Explain to the non-economist what it means for markets to fail and the role of government in finding solutions for market failure.
- Understand the domain of economics—the questions covered by economics and the questions not covered by economics.
A graduate of the program in economics or business economics at Seattle University should be able to:
- Identify key relationships between important variables.
- Understand the difference between correlation and cause-and-effect.
- Identify the relationship between assumption and interpretation.
- Apply algebraic, graphical, and statistical tools to analyses of problems and issues in business and public policy.
- Make oral presentations.
- Convey ideas in a variety of written forms.
- Understand how to employ their skills in service to the community.
- Present themselves in a professional manner.
Scope of Employment
The various fields are offering better job opportunity after passing BA in economics.
- An array of employment opportunities is available in economics field. Meritorious candidates can get excellent job opportunities after successfully completing their BA in economics.
- Indian Civil Services, Reserve Bank of India, National Sample Survey, Ministry of Economic Affairs, Planning Board and Planning Commission, National Council for Applied Economic Research and National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Job opportunities are also waiting in the private sectors, NGOs and International Aid Agencies. The firms like World Bank, Asian Development Bank, IMF, and other Development Banks, Aid agencies, Financial Consultancy firms are hiring the economic graduates for its various positions.
- One can consume in these organizations as economist, economic advisor, executive, analyst, consultant, researcher, financial analyst, business analyst, economic research analyst and stock market analyst. As far as salary is concerned, lots of candidates are hired through campus placement.
Some of the high demand sectors are given below where job prospects are huge.
Top jobs after BA(Economics)
Accounting, Auditor, Banking and Finance, Insurance Investment, Marketing, Stock Broker, Media Analyst, Management, Manufacturing, Advertising Communication, Actuarial, Education and Research, Retailing, System Analysis
Different Fields of Economics for Higher Studies
Agricultural Economics, Financial Economics, Labour Economics, Industrial Economics, International Economics,
Business Economics, Banking Economics, Environmental Economics, Developmental Economics, Rural Economics and Rural Development, Econometrics
As an Economics major as a subject, student will develop a skill set that will serve you well for the future.
Below are the specific learning outcomes that we aim for all our students to achieve.
- Recognize and appreciate the diversity of views that have historically been expressed or may reasonably exist about economic problems and alternative economic systems and present those views in a coherently written essay.
- Identify compile, interpret, and analyze quantitative economic data by expressing relationships between concepts through graphs, statistical or econometric analysis, in coherent English.
- Describe the institutions in the United States that shape monetary and fiscal policy and the processes these institutions use to achieve their goals in addressing issues of unemployment, inflation, exchange rates, balance of payments, or economic growth in a global context.
- Use microeconomic tools and concepts to address public policy issues such as competition, environmental protection, financial regulation, innovation and intellectual property, labor law, or taxation.
- Collect and integrate information from a variety of sources, assessing its meaning, accuracy, and timeliness; discuss the bias and variance of possible measurement and estimation procedures; and recognize the agendas of points of view of various purveyors of data and analysis.
- Frame an economic question of some public significance and evaluate, integrate, and apply information from various sources to create a cohesive, persuasive answer.
- Employ economic theory, broadly defined, to provide an original analysis of current or historical events, to analyze social problems, and evaluate alternative public policy choices.
- Present the results of their research using appropriate economic theories, concepts, and terminology, and methods in a professional setting.
Additional Skills for Economics Students
All Economic majors will know Analytical skills, good communication skills, familiarity with mathematics and statistics, familiarity with other social sciences. Students who want to become professional economists should consider graduate study and taking more than minimum in math (a minor in math is recommended).
Other skills that Economics majors develop are awareness of local and international economic conditions, ability to analyze and evaluate business and government proposals, critical thinking, problem-solving, forecasting, analysis of market competition, and strategic planning skills, ability to think logically, critically, and creatively.
Economics is an excellent background for graduate studies in areas such as law, business, or public administration.