B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Graduates shall make their way to the society with proper scientific and technical knowledge in mechanical engineering.
- Graduates shall work in design and analysis of mechanical systems with strong fundamentals and methods of synthesis.
- Graduates shall adapt to the rapidly changing environment in the areas of mechanical engineering and scale new heights in their profession through lifelong learning.
- Graduates shall excel in career by their ability to work and communicate effectively as a team member or leader to complete the task with minimal resources, meeting deadlines.
Scope of Employment
Career Opportunities after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
Aspirants who have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering degree have a lot of career opportunities in several sectors throughout our country as well as abroad. They can get very good salary packages too. They can work in flexible job profiles in various reputed firms. Some of the areas where these people can utilize their capabilities include the following:
- Automobile industry
- Aerospace industry
- Steel plants
- Power generation industries
- Paper industries
- Chemical industries
- Communication sector
- Computer industries
- Postal departments
- Railway departments
- Banking sector
To get into the Government firms they have to pass certain exams conducted by PSC, SSC and also UPSC. To get into banks they have to clear exams conducted by banks. Some of the top firms where these graduates are recruited include the following:
The aspirants who hold a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering have a promising future ahead. There has been a huge increase in the number of aspirants choosing this field as their career in the past years. Most of the colleges and universities in India as well as abroad offer this course and also provide sufficient aid for the aspirants to build up a successful career in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering fundamentals for solving problems.
- Ability to Identify, formulate and analyze mechanical engineering problems arriving at meaningful conclusions involving mathematical inferences.
- Ability to design and develop mechanical components and processes to meet desired needs considering public health, safety, cultural, social, and environmental aspects.
- Ability to understand and investigate complex mechanical engineering problems experimentally.
- Ability to apply modern engineering tools, techniques and resources to solve complex mechanical engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Ability to understand the effect of mechanical engineering solutions on legal, cultural, social, public health and safety aspects.
- Ability to develop sustainable solutions and understand their impact on society and environment.
- Ability to apply ethical principles to engineering practices and professional responsibilities.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Ability to comprehend, design documentation, write effective reports, make effective presentations to the engineering community and society at large.
Polytechnic Diploma – Mechanical Engineering
Polytechnic-Mechanical Engineering is committed to produce technologists, who are among the best in the nation, be they for, entering jobs or as entrepreneurs.
Scope of Employment
Polytechnic in Mechanical Engineering is a technical diploma below the undergraduate rank which aims to provide students with some basic knowledge of engineering, scientific, computing, mathematical techniques, a sound knowledge of English to communicate in the job field and ability to apply the basic problem solving techniques. Its duration is 3 years. Many countries in the world recognize it as equivalent to Inter-Science or Pre-Engineering for further studies purpose.
After successful completion of Diploma in Engineering course, students can either continue further Engineering studies in undergraduate level or get employment as supervisors, foremen, sales engineers, workshop technicians, draughtsman, service station managers, auto engineers, agricultural overseers, farm managers, junior instructors, workshop superintendents etc. In most of the countries students can apply for studying diploma in engineering degree after completion of 10th grade or the secondary school certificate
The Program outcomes of Polytechnic-Mechanical Engineering are listed below:
- To understand fundamental knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Mechanical Engineering principles.
- To apply engineering and related principles to solving problems in Mechanical Engineering.
- To obtain an ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams and to foster Entrepreneurship.
- To apply techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for practice in Mechanical Engineering.
- To recognize of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- To apply critical thinking in designing and evaluating components, processes and systems related to Mechanical Engineering.
- To communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- To appreciate the professional and ethical responsibilities of an Engineer.
- To educate with breadth that allows for understanding of the impact of engineering practices on all aspects of society.
- To gain awareness of technical issues in the modern world.
- To function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.