Polytechnic Diploma – Electrical
- The department of Electrical Engineering provides strong background to Engineering students to cope up with the needs of emerging technology at National levels.
- Students will be productive in the professional practice of electrical engineering and related fields. They will obtain employment appropriate to their background, interests, and education and will advance in their career.
- Students employed within engineering fields will demonstrate technical competence in identifying, formulating, analyzing, and creating engineering solutions.
- Students will engage in life-long learning demonstrated by advanced education/degrees, professional development activities, and/or other career-appropriate options.
Scope of Employment
- Diploma Engineers are needed in all manufacturing units, all major companies of public and private sector such as Electricity Boards, Large Scale Industries, Manufacturing Plants, Power Corporations, Hydro-Electricity sector.
- • Students can find job prospects in design industries, production plants, natural gas plants, petroleum, solar as well as in steel & chemical plants.
Upon completion of the Diploma in electrical engineering, students are enabled to achieve the following outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering and science.
- Design and conduct experiments to verify and validate the design projects developed by them, and analyze and interpret data.
- Develop project-based learning skills through design and implementation of a system, component, or process that meets the needs within realistic constraints.
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Students are involved in many projects related with concept and design, through implementation, testing and handover.
- Students can also involved in maintenance programs.
- Students having technical knowledge are trained for project management and multitasking.