- Graduates will be engineering practitioners and leaders, who would help solve industry's technological problems.
- Graduates will be engineering professionals, innovators or entrepreneurs engaged in technology development, technology deployment, or engineering system implementation in industry.
- Graduates will function in their profession with social awareness and responsibility.
- Graduates will interact with their peers in other disciplines in industry and society and contribute to the economic growth of the country.
- Graduates will be successful in pursuing higher studies in engineering or management.
- Graduates will pursue career paths in teaching or research.
Scope of Employment
The study of Biotechnology is a blend of subjects related to Biology and subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Engineering. A simple definition of Biotechnology can be using the properties of living organisms to produce desired products. It is a research-oriented field. So, most of the work is carried out at research institutes and laboratories. Biotechnology finds application to a number of fields. Some of them are:
- Medical and Health Care
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
- Industrial Research and Development
- Food Processing
- Chemical Engineering
- Drug Designing and Manufacture
- Environment Conservation
- There are many good job opportunities available after completing B.Tech Biotechnology. After multimedia industry, Biotechnology is ranked second as the growing sector with a tremendous employment potential.
- After completing B.Tech, a graduate can seek employment in leading Indian or multi-national companies.
- A graduate can apply for jobs in a range of industries dealing with pharmaceutical, chemical, bioprocessing and agriculture products.
- Graduates are also eligible for opportunities in government research and development organizations.
B.Sc. Honors Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Biotechnology is an integrated study of the concepts of chemistry, biology, cell biology and computer sciences.
- The degree course covers the study of topics from diverse areas like molecular biology, tissue culture, agricultural engineering, fisheries, genetics, gene therapy, drug design, genomics, proteomics, and genetic engineering for plants, animals, micro-organisms, bioinformatics, fermentation technology and medicine.
- In other words, B.Sc. (Hons.) Biotechnology degree course is a combined study of biology and technology that allows scientists to use genetic technology to develop treatments for diseases and to beneficially alter the genetics of humans as well as other life forms.
Scope of Employment
B.Sc. (Hons.) (Biotechnology) degree serves as a basis for further higher studies in this field such as M.Sc., Ph.D. and M.Phil. Degree in Biotechnology, the successful completion of which makes one eligible for the post of a lecturer in any university/college as well as for an observer or a scientist.
• B.Sc. (Hons.) (Biotechnology) degree graduates have the options of pursuing a career in various specializations of Biotechnology such as in Medical Biotechnology, Marine Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural, Environmental and Industrial biotechnology.
Polytechnic Diploma in Biotechnology
Polytechnic-Mechanical Engineering is committed to produce technologists, who are among the best in the nation, be they for, entering jobs or as entrepreneurs.
Scope of Employment
Diploma holders are eligible to get lateral (direct) entry into the B.Tech Biotechnology IInd year for further studies and after successful completion of the course may get entry in reputed organizations as an academician or scientist.
The Program outcomes of Polytechnic-Biotechnology are listed below:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering and science.
- Design and conduct experiments to verify and validate the design projects developed by them, and analyze and interpret data.
- Develop project-based learning skills through design and implementation of a system, component, or process that meets the needs within realistic constraints.
- Function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Students are involved in many projects related with concept and design, through implementation, testing and handover.
- Students having technical knowledge are trained for project management and multitasking.