B.Tech. Biomedical Engineering
Our graduates are grounded in fundamentals that will serve them throughout their professional careers and the Biomedical Engineering program has established the following Program Educational Objectives.
- To perform experimental measurement, quantitative analysis, and engineering design in biomedical engineering area.
- To use the tools and methods of current state-of-the-art in biomedical engineering and improve global and human health.
- To apply the problem solving abilities and multidisciplinary perspectives in understanding and advance scientific discoveries and technological innovations.
- To promote continuous improvement in the field of biomedical engineering and exhibit intellectual curiosity, creativity, leadership and continuous personal growth
- To communicate effectively the relevant biomedical engineering problems to be solved across the engineering, life science, and medical disciplines as well as to facilitate meaningful collaboration between bioscientists and other engineers.
- To apply the critical reasoning as well as the quantitative and design skills to identify and solve problems in biomedical engineering;
- To lead and manage biomedical engineering projects in industry, government, or academia that involve multidisciplinary team members.
- To identify and create professional opportunities for themselves in the field of biomedical engineering
- To contribute in the biomedical field through the responsible design of devices, systems, processes, and policies that improve human health.
- To develop the ability and use their multidisciplinary background to foster communication across professional and disciplinary boundaries with the highest professional and ethical standards
- To practice biomedical engineering successfully, serve state and regional industries, hospitals, government agencies, or national and international industries.
- To pursue a wide range of career options, including those in industry, academia, and medicine as well as to hold leadership positions in their chosen field.
- To create the value through solving problems at the interface of engineering and biology, whether in a manufacturing, research, or clinical environment.
Scope of Employment
The job of a biomedical engineer involves applying the knowledge of science, engineering, technology, and medicine to improve and support healthcare. The job involves designing new health-related apparatus, conducting research, and evaluating products and systems related to health. As the career is somewhat new, job of a biomedical engineer ensures new scope to work upon and a rapid growth.
The job prospects for biomedical engineers are very high. There are diverse areas and fields, in which they can work. They can work in areas like medical equipments manufacturing, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering. They can work in both government as well as private sector. They are easily absorbed in big hospitals and healthcare research institutes. They are employed in hospitals to look after the biomedical equipments. Such professionals also engage themselves in research activities by working with doctors. They work in areas such as physiology, medicine, and computational mechanics and invent new technologies. They can also be employed in research work. Many private companies develop vast number of equipments and devices which are later used in hospitals, healthcare facilities, government institutions and research facilities.
Biomedical engineers who work with sophisticated biomedical equipments and adapt to the needs of the physician and hospitals are in great demand abroad. These engineers also develop the hardware and software required in the hospitals.
By the time students graduate with a degree in B.Tech. in Biomedical Engineering from the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Shobhit University, the students will be able
- To handle all the diagnostic and therapeutic instruments and capable of solving technical problems.
- To apply their knowledge in designing the artificial implants, orthotic and prosthetic devices to rehabilitate the patients.
- To describe the challenges associated with the interaction of living tissues with engineered system and propose safe and effective strategy for meeting the challenges in implementation.
- To embellish their biomedical dexterity with the knowledge of electronics, Biology and mathematics for designing Macro, Micro and Nano levels formulations.
- To design various types of sensor and transducers to acquire the signal from human body for further diagnosing the problem and to provide the proper treatment.
- To start their carrier as entrepreneur and provide services in health care sectors.
- To work as medical coder and develop various software by the aid of Biomedical Signal and Processing in order to enhance the quality of system.
- To work as biomedical instructor in hospitals and other public health sectors and provide professional training to budding biomedical engineers and industry personnel.
- To work as quality manager and conduct inspection in hospitals and different health sectors.
- To analyse, model, design and realise biomedical engineering devices, systems, components or process; and making measurements on and interpret ate data from living system
- To design the remote sensing devices and systems to provide the health care services at distance locations where doctors are not available physically.